Employment2022 - Pres: Ph.D. Student, University of Michigan School of Information
2021 - 2021: National Director of Curriculum and Training, SMASH (Kapor Center)
2017 - 2019: Lead AI Education Manager, AI4ALL
2016 - 2017: Lead Full-Stack AI Platform Engineer and Designer, Cogitai
2013 - 2016: Graduate Teaching Assistant, NYU Tandon School of Engineering
2015 - 2015: Front-End UI/UX Web Developer, Percolate
2014 - 2015: Front-End Web Developer, BT Trading Group
2013 - 2015: Instructor and Educational Coach, Five Points Learning
University of Michigan School of Information
PhD in Information
Areas of Focus: critical race and digital studies; AI justice; race, gender, and sexuality and technology; social media
New York University Tandon School of Engineering
M.S. Computer Science
B.S. Computer and Electrical Engineering
Minor Science and Society
Class Salutatorian and summa cum laude
Areas of Specialization: artificial intelligence; machine learning; history and philosophy of science
Areas of Competence: signal processing; data structures and algorithms; brain-computer interfaces
Yale University Hertog Program in American Political Philosophy
2011 Honors-Level summer scholar
- 2018 - Present: Advisory Board Member at AI for K-12 Initiative
- Dec 2022. Critical AI: From a Queer, Feminist STS Lens at fSTS @ Yale.
- Aug 2022. Embedding Values in AI and Finding Focus in Gaming at Pixel Therapy Podcast.
- Sep 2021. Emerging Tech and Underserved Communities at ALLvanza; Multicultural Media, Telecom, and Internet Council; and OCA - Asian Pacific American Advocates.
- May 2021. The Model Minority Myth and AAPI Solidarity in CS and Tech at Kapor Center.
- May 2019. Social Implications of AI at AI4K12 Symposium.
- Mar 2019. A Quick, Hands-on Introduction to AI at Microsoft Minority Student Day.
- Feb 2019. Social Implications of AI at NYU Tandon.
- Feb 2019. AI4ALL: AI Will Change The World. Who Will Change AI? at Princeton University.
- Nov 2018. Social Implications of AI for the LGBTQ Community at the 2018 oSTEM Conference.
- Oct 2018. Social Implications of AI at the AI4K12 Symposium.
- Jul 2018. Social Implications of AI at Boston University.
- Jul 2018. Social Implications of AI at Columbia University.
- Jul 2018. Social Implications of AI at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Feb 2018. A Web Developer in an AI World at Learner's Guild.
- Dec 2017. AI4ALL: AI Will Change The World. Who Will Change AI? at the 2017 Teen Vogue Summit.
- Nov 2017. Ethics of AI at the 2017 New Context Conference.
- Apr 2016. The Brain: Artificial and Natural at the NYC CS Opportunity Fair.
- Feb 2016. The Brain: Artificial and Natural at the United Nations Youth Assembly.
- Aug 2014. 19th Century Conceptions of the Electromagnetic Aether at NYU-Poly.
Publications2013. "Flux (Φ)", Mercer Street 2013 - 2014. New York University.
Honors and Awards
- 2016: Margaret Goldstone Award, New York University
- 2016: Outstanding Student Assistant Award, New York University
- 2016: Technology, Culture, and Society Writing Award, New York University
- 2015: Outstanding Student Assistant Award, New York University
- 2015: Presidential Award, New York University
- 2014: Technology, Culture, and Society Writing Award, New York University
- 2013: Mercer Street Editor's Choice Award, New York University
- 2012: Eagle Scout Award, Boy Scouts of America
Service to Profession
- Reviewer: AAAI / ACM Conference on AIES 2023
- Volunteer Chair: ACM FAccT 2023
- Senior Volunteer: ACM FAccT 2022
- Volunteer: ACM FAccT 2021